Saturday, April 19, 2008

Little River Canyon

After last weekends events on Tallulah, I just had to get back on the water. Adam called me on Friday and said he was planning to do Little River Canyon on Saturday and Sunday. I thought a while and couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not. Part of me said yes and the other said no. Friday night rains brought a little more water to LRC and I decided to go and am I glad I did.

Adam, Joey, Matt Wallis, and Matt from Atlanta all gathered at the put-in for the Suicide Section for a run down to the old Chairlift. The day started a little nervously for me but I put it all together and started boating. The river level was just under 0ft which made Avalanch kinda scrapy so I walked it. I had a perfect line at Cable Falls and decided to walk Pinball since most of the river goes under a rock. I had a great boof at Roadblock and an OK line at Humpty Dumpty. All in all, I am very glad I made the trip to Little River Canyon today. The warm temperatures and sunny skies made a great day of boating with friends.

Till next time, pray for rain!

No comments: