Monday, March 10, 2008

Back in Action!

Over the last month, I haven't gotten to paddle that much due to illness. I fought the flu and other sinus & respiratory illnesses for nearly 5 weeks. It sucks to be sick especially with these types of illness as they don't go too good with cold water and cold air temperatures.

I did, however, do some paddling (probably when I shouldn't have). On Sunday March 3, 2008, I met up with Jim, who is new to the area, to paddle Big South Fork of the Cumberland. We ran from the Confluence down to the O&W Bridge. We only saw two other people on the river with it running at 3,300cfs which I must say is a fun level. It offered big water action, large wave trains, and stout eddy lines.

On Sunday March 9, 2008, I headed to Tellico Ledges. It was a warm sunny day which was perfect with me starting to get well again. I met up with Todd Scott, Anton, and Ken Strickland to make a run from the ledges put-in down to Turkey Creek. I had some good boofs, good laughs with friends, and just an amazing day. It felt great to be back on the river and back in action with friends. It was probably one of the best days I'd had in a while.

This coming weekend promises water with scheduled Cheoah Releases and this year's first Ocoee Releases. There's also a forecast for rain so we'll see what the weekend brings.

Till then, pray for rain.

No comments: